Friday, July 31, 2009

Beer Bread

Beer Bread

Ingredients:
  • 12oz beer (I like Amber Bock)
  • 3 C. self rising flour
  • 1/3 C. sugar
  • 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, optional

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
2. Combine flour, sugar and cheese; stir in beer. Dough will be sticky.
3. Pour into prepared loaf pan and cover with melted butter.
4. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool in pan for 30 minutes, then turn out and serve.

Source: Me, thanks to some Internet reseach

My notes: I started making beer bread after having some at a Tastefully Simple party. This recipe tastes so close to the mix from Tastefully Simple that you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference! In fact, the only difference I can see is TS Beer Bread costs $5.00 for the mix, plus the beer and this recipe does not! I did some research online and took several recipes into account and then created this one. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love beer bread but have never made it. I think I'm going to try this recipe this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete