Friday, July 31, 2009

Taco Soup

Taco Soup
  • 2 pounds browned ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped and sauteed with the beef
  • 1 beer
  • 1 15 oz can corn
  • 1 15 oz can black beans
  • 1 15 oz can dark red kidney beans
  • 2 cans Rotel (hot or mild)
  • 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 pack ranch dressing mix
  • 1 pack taco seasoning


Directions:
Dump all ingredients in a big ol' crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh chopped onions, broken up tortilla chips and beer bread.

Source: Southern Living, doctored up by me

My notes: This is another recipe I like to make for a family who has just had a baby, or needs a meal, especially in the fall/winter, although I did make this for a friend last month (yes, in June) and it was well received!

1 comment:

  1. I can't get Rotel here in Doha. What would you suggest as a replacement? Same with the ranch dressing mix. Ideas?

    ReplyDelete