I found this recipe on http://www.allrecipes.com while searching for something good, festive and easy to make. Below the recipe are my suggestions.
1/4 cup light olive oil
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1 1/4 cups pistachio nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts, then beat in the eggs. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture. Mix in cranberries and nuts by hand.
3. Divide dough in half. Form two logs (12×2 inches) on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
4. Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
5. Cut logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Lay on sides on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.
Suggestions that other reviewer’s added
Add 1 T orange zest *untested thus far, as I had no oranges to zest!*
Reduce amount of Pistachios to 1 Cup, and increase amount of cranberries to 1 Cup. *This is what I did with the recipe, and it turned out fabulous*
As for cooking time: I cooked mine about 30 minutes, cooled for 10 minutes, and then had to cook an additional 13 minutes or so. After cooling/drying for a little over an hour they were perfect.