Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sprinkles (California) Cupcake Frosting

At the last GOMOTT meeting one of the girls made cupcakes to share. She bounded over to me and proclaimed she made them just for me. I admit, I felt pretty special. :-) Anyway, I raved over how cute they were and immediately ate one. (I then proceeded to sneak out of the meeting to grab a second one when no one was looking, but don't tell anyone!) I asked her for the frosting recipe, because really, that's why I even eat cupcakes. She shared her recipe with me, and I'm going to share it with you.

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Ingredients

Directions

1. In a bowl, combine butter sugar and salt. Beat until blended.

2. Add the milk and vanilla and beat for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy.

Source: RecipeZaar

This stuff is great. It's perfect to use when you want to put a fancy decorator tip on a piping bag and decorate away. I only wish I had a picture to share of her cupcakes. So good!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I'm sorry I missed the meeting now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww..I feel so special now!! This frosting really is de-lish and I'm so glad that I found it and was able to share with a fellow cupcake-aholic! :)

    ReplyDelete