Friday, July 31, 2009

Black Bean & Chicken Enchiladas

Black Bean & Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:

  • 6 small corn tortillas
  • 6 oz. chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
  • 1/2c 2% shredded cheese (I used colby/monterrey jack combo)
  • 1/2 can black beans
  • 1-2T taco seasoning
  • 1 small can enchilada sauce

Directions:
Pour small amount of enchilada sauce into bottom of casserole dish – just enough to cover bottom and prevent sticking.
Put shredded chicken into a bowl and mix in taco seasoning and black beans. Add mixture to the tortillas and roll up. Place in casserole dish.
Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas.
Top with shredded cheese.
Bake COVERED at 350 until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.

Source: K. Hays, via Weight Watchers

My notes:

I've doctored the original recipe up quite a bit, but the original is a great jumping off point. I double pretty much all of the ingredients and I mix in a little salsa to give it a little kick. Sometimes I use flour tortillas instead of corn, for a different flavor. I also use ground chicken instead of shredded. I just love the flavor of ground chicken in Mexican and Asian dishes.

This is another dish that I like to take to a family in need of a meal. I pack up a little extra shredded cheese, salsa and sour cream and also bring some tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment