Adapted from Pillsbury's Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala recipe.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets (2-3 pounds)
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sweet Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Saute' mushrooms and garlic in one tablespoon oil until soft.
2. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Add one tablespoon oil in bottom. Add chicken breasts, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread mushroom and garlic mixture over the chicken. Pour the wine over the chicken.
3. Cover, cook on low for 5 hours.
4. Remove chicken from cooker, place on a plate and cover to keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water, making a slurry. Slowly add to the liquid in the slow cooker (you will probably not need all of it!). Turn the slow cooker on to High for 10 minutes, or until liquid thickens.
5. Return chicken to slow cooker, and cook another 5 minutes, or until chicken is hot. Serve chicken with mushroom mixute on top, and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
As a meal:
Serve Chicken Marsala with a small side of angel hair pasta and marinara sauce, and roasted broccoli and cauliflower.