- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce ( Maggi Taste of Asia, mild)
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons peeled, finally chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 pork tenderloin
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- sesame seeds and scallions, for garnish
- 1 can coconut milk
- jasmine rice
Prepare rice according to package diractions, substituting coconut milk for equilvalent amount of water. Add a dash of salt and one teaspoon of sugar if milk is unsweetened. Cook until liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
Note: The second time I made this I needed to have enough rice for eight servings, so I used one can of coconut milk and supplemented the milk with some Thai Coconut Curry broth I bought on impulse at the grocery store. It was amazing!
Asian Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends removed and cut in half
- olive oil
- sesame oil
- soy sauce
- sesame seeds (I use black sesame seeds)
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
1. Blanche green beans, drain and set aside.
2. Heat a little olive oil and sesame oil in a saute' pan. Add a little splash of soy sauce and a tiny bit of sugar.
3. Add blanched green beans and red pepper flakes to the pan and toss, cooking until heated.
4. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
This meal is one of my new favorites. It's quick and easy, and is pretty forgiving. The only downside? I only had my cell phone camera available to take a picture, and the quality isn't great. Oh well, I never claimed to be a photographer!