Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pasta with Chicken Sausage & Broccoli

Ingredients:

  • 12 ounces rigatoni
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 6 ounces fully cooked chicken sausage links, sliced (I like chicken & apple sausage)
  • 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
  • 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:

1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions
2. Meanwhile, heat the oli in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onlion, stirring often, for three minutes. Add the sausage and cook, stirring until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the broccoli and 1 1/4 cups water and simmer, covered, until the broccoli is tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Toss the pasta with the sausage mixture and any remaining liquid and the Parmesan.

Source: Real Simple/September 2009

My notes:
I use about half the pasta in the recipe and double the sausage. I steam the broccoli while the onions and sausage are cooking, add a little of the water I steamed the broccoli in along with the broccoli to the onion/sausage mixture. Then I throw in the cooked pasta and toss it all together with the cheese. Also, I like to use chicken and apple sausage.

The boys aren't big fans of this, but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment